Senior Security Architect
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Senior Security Architect is responsible for ensuring that the security standards and principles are applied to our business and technology solutions in a risk appropriate manner. The successful candidate will lead the security program initiatives and work with teams to ensure continual advancements and process improvements are defined and executed. Will play an instrumental role in furthering the maturity of the security program to address current and emerging security risks.
- Leading key program initiatives as identified in the company’s Information Security Strategy to further the program maturity.
- Leading and managing project team(s) in designing security solutions and translating security requirements into plans for both Information Technology and business units.
- Leading information security reviews of technology environments and business unit services.
- Driving execution of the security incident response processes.
- Leading threat modeling assessments for key business application and technology projects.
- Leading the definition and development of security implementation plans with cross-functional teams.
- Driving the implementation of security standards and practices to support a strong security posture.
- Collaborating on the design of information security orchestration to automate key processes.
- Leading information security integration in the DevSecOps continuous integration/deployment code pipeline processes.
- Leading and managing the security program’s Agile SAFE sprint planning activities.
- Supporting teams in successfully delivering projects through established project management/SAFE agile processes.
- Identifying process and operational improvements to extract further value from existing information security investments and to meet dynamic compliance, regulatory and security needs.
- Serving in the Enterprise Architecture Group to advise on information and cyber security principles.
- Understanding emerging information security solutions and applying them to advance the security program.
- Participating in the development and execution of the information security strategy.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of broad-level experience in architecting, maintaining and managing technology, and information security eco-systems across a variety of technical and business disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience; industry certification or eligibility preferred (e.g., Security: CISSP, CISA, GSEC, Project; Management: PMP, Prince2)
- Knowledgeable of core technology and architectures, including infrastructure, data, cloud, virtualization and network security
- Effective written & verbal communication skills across multiple stakeholders within IT and business
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills to address cross-functional demands across technology and business disciplines
- Proven technical skills and competencies to navigate a complex, robust and versatile environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, coordinate work assignments with management throughout the organization and reliably meet commitments
- Strong aptitude for technology, an ability to learn quickly, and a desire to solve problems and improve processes
- Experience with financial services practices is a plus