Senior Software Engineer
Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design, develop, test, maintain, and support our web-based software systems.
- With general supervision, develop software according to requirements and using good programming such as scalability, robustness, maintainability, etc.; propose and implement best practices.
- Lead requirements gathering on enhancements, understanding internal and external customer desires; research latest technologies and architectural advances.
- Perform project management activities, leading small project teams; with review by teammates, lead screen, component, and data model design on small- and medium-sized enhancements
- Perform maintenance and support, interfacing with users to analyze problems and provide solutions, coordinating with support and development teams; execute tests and ensure code is defect free; participate in peer testing and coordinate with QA to design tests.
- Provide technical advice and training of users of the system; create system documentation and training material for staff and customers on new modules or enhancements.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- At least 6 years experience in full project lifecycle software development; development expertise in at least one programming language/framework.
- Experience with Java/JEE, preferred.
- Experience with relational database concepts and SQL, required; Oracle strongly preferred.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of object-oriented programming and analysis.
- Independent problem-solving skills.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident as required by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).