Senior Software Engineer – Machine Learning
Location: South Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We are looking for those who can lead and leverage techniques to derive impactful insights from structured and unstructured data, design and build predictive and decision models, and develop scalable approaches for data analysis. A well-qualified candidate is a self-starter who is highly technical, excels at framing problems analytically, comfortable working through ambiguity, and possesses the patience and persistence needed to see complex problems through to resolution. They are an excellent collaborator and able to present insights and describe complex ideas accurately and concisely.
- Partner effectively with fellow engineers & industrial/organizational psychologists and analysts to analyze structured and unstructured data.
- Design and produce predictive models in the context of products and services.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the analysis of data, partnering with others to apply and leverage this skillset to guide data-driven decision making.
- Collaborate with engineers to experiment with novel sources of big data.
Education & Experience:
- Strong technical background.
- Degree in Computer Science or Masters in Machine Learning.
- Experience in data science; proficiency and experience in applying ML and NLP methods.
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, SPSS, R, and Excel.
- Software Development experience using .Net and exposure to Azure cognitive services.
- Experienced in algorithm design and software engineering.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- A team player with strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter who takes initiatives to experiment and improve existing products and processes