Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Our client is seeking to hire a skilled Software Developer to join their team to help with the development and support of applications. The technology is currently being modernized with a greenfield solution.
The candidate will contribute to building the core foundation of technology. We are looking for an
individual who can create diligent solutions from scratch, with the forethought that they define the standard approach moving forward. More importantly, an individual with a sense of pride and ownership in their work.
- Building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, improve its performance, and documentation.
- Testing systems and working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Demonstrating a strong knowledge and application of programming languages and the software development life-cycle.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related degree or relevant experience is preferred
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Night support coverage maybe required in the future on a rotating basis.
- The desired skill sets are as follows:
- .NET C# Core
- SQL Server & NoSql
- ORM – EF Core – LINQ
- SPA (React, Jest, Apollo, Redux)
- Cloud (Azure) & PaaS
- Microservice Architecture
- K8s, Docker, Helm, Istio
- Kafka / Azure Event Hubs
- REST API & ServiceMesh / API Gateway
- Scalability & Resiliency
- Unit Testing / UI Testing
- Also beneficial to the position:
- Financial Industry experience a plus
- Reporting Experience (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)