Senior Systems Project Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Manage projects according to the current project management methodology, including scope, schedule, risk and resource management.
- Collaborate with appropriate working team members to document estimates and project delivery dates, including a cost-benefit analysis where applicable.
- Lead scrum activities for designated teams, serving as Scrum Master and/or Product Owner as needed.
- Communicate status to all stakeholders in a timely, clear and concise manner. Ensure effective issue management and appropriate escalation.
- Ensure necessary business analysis functions are accomplished, such as documenting requirements, testing application functionality, and documenting process and data flow.
- Develop a deep understanding of the application and business domain related to the project. Interact with business and technology teams to coordinate the communication and resolution of production support issues in assigned application domains.
- Develop a basic understanding of the technical architecture and main components involved with the project.
- Create, maintain and version project artifacts.
- Renegotiate priorities with appropriate stakeholders when conflicts arise.
- Accurately manage the project budget and communicate variances in a timely manner.
- Participate in vendor management processes, such as software and service contract negotiations and ongoing vendor relationship management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Seven or more years of hands-on project management experience
- Certified project management credentials (CAPM or PMP) preferred
- Experience managing projects in the financial services industry (preferred)
- Experience executing projects utilizing various project management methodologies (Kanban, Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to tailor messages to the appropriate audience