Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Seeking an insightful SEO Manager to improve our practice and support our clients, many of which are Fortune 100 brands. We are looking for an extremely motivated and ambitious search engine optimization expert who is raring to help grow and improve the SEO practice within our agency. This individual has to be curious, tenacious, and excited about working on the fortune 100 clients we serve in the financial, entertainment, and hospitality industries. (Primarily. We work with all kinds of different clients!)
The person in this role must have the technical acumen to make specific recommendations – for instance, it’s not enough to say “you need microdata.” The actual snippets that need to be added.” However, this role does not need to be a developer.
The person in this role also needs to service the content and on-page elements of optimization – keyword choice, title tag optimization etc. and make good content recommendations. However, this person does not have to be a creative copywriter.
This is a client-facing role. You’ll be explaining your findings, selling through your solutions, and getting buying from the client along the way. Excellent communications and presentation skills are a must. This role will be embedded in our interactive department and report to the VP of Consumer Experience and work closely with our CX, Creative, and Development teams, as well as partnering closely with our clients.
- Improve and streamline our current SEO practice. This role will be in charge of refining and improving this business line within our agency
- Ensure that our website redesigns result in greater organic visibility for our clients
- Identify and specify strategic search projects for cross-functional digital teams (engineering, design, content) for existing projects
- As the expert for technical search performance, weigh impact against effort to help prioritize the most valuable work
- As the expert in content search performance, identify keywords and content gaps and recommend creative solutions
- Proficiently use Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and tools like Moz and Screaming Frog to measure progress against goals and identify opportunities. Identify and vet additional tools that should be in our toolbox.
- Collaborate with data analytics and data engineering to create clarity and transparency around search projects for stakeholders
- Consult on tooling for the creative team to make it easier to deliver search-optimized content
- Deliver findings and sell solutions through to clients
- At least 5 years experience practicing SEO either in-house or in an agency
- Proven track record of success
- The ability to sit at the intersection of current technical search best practices, the implementation details to achieve them, and content optimization best practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate between technical and non-technical partners and stakeholders, and helping to weigh the impact of technical SEO work on UX
- Experience using competitive SEO tools (i.e. Ahrefs, SemRush, Sitebulb, Screaming Frog)