Service Desk Analyst
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Service Desk Analyst primary function is to provide technical support for production-based applications and network, supporting business and objectives. The Technical Support Specialist troubleshoots when problems are encountered via root causes analysis, implements temporary workarounds as appropriate, and designs permanent solutions aimed at increasing application and network availability and usability.
- Work Closely with Front-Line Support Teams, Production Services, and Product Development to Ensure Efficient and Accurate Problem Trouble-Shooting and Solutions Development
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems.
- Research, resolve, and respond to end-user issues/problems received via email, telephone, or escalations, and provide support on desktop systems.
- Install/Configure Software Applications and Hardware Solutions
- Provide General IT End-User Support
- Provide Complete Resolution Summary Upon Case Closure to Capture Knowledge Base Data
- Take Ownership of Problems by Collecting Symptom/Environmental Data for Problem Resolution
- Communicate Effectively with End-User and IT Support Team to Resolve Assigned Tasks
- Peripherals setup & support such as printers, scanners, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN configurations.
- Experience with desktop image management a plus.
- 1+ years’ recent computer, server, and network troubleshooting experience.
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of computer and server hardware.
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment providing 24x7x365 support.
- Strong understanding of Windows operating systems and applications in a domain environment, including Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suites.
- Experience with anti-virus technologies and troubleshooting. Configuration / desktop support.
- Experience with troubleshooting IT hardware, including workstations, monitors, printers, laptops, and mobile devices
- Customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of business professional behaviors including punctuality, attendance, responsiveness and dependability
- Ability to Work in Fast-Paced Environment and Meet Deadlines
- Capability to Work both Independently and as part of a Team
- Problem-Solving Mindset with Ability to Multitask
This is an overnight position! (but must be able to work 1st, 2nd, and overnight shifts)