Software Configuration & QA Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
You will be responsible for testing new software features, products, ensuring code pushes do not break existing functionality and when you are not testing, you will be configuring the software for technical customer setups, establishing new accounts and performing quality assurance on those setups and the setups created by teammates. You must be comfortable juggling multiple projects and changing priorities typical of a technology startup environment. You must bring a high energy and a great mindset to the team every day and love to configure and test software.
We are looking for someone with a technical expertise testing cloud based software for pc and mobile browsers. You will test features against the specifications, develop testing protocols, and provide feedback to developers. You will also translate business requirements into technical configuration documents and then implement and test the configurations. Testing requires manually submitting and tracking leads through a lead to call automation setup and involves documenting use case and outcomes, juggling cell phones and softphones, and running through scenarios. Over time, you will develop specifications to automate the testing of scenarios. The successful candidate will be passionate about testing bug fixes, testing functionality, and developing quality assurance processes for code releases and customer software configurations. Some tasks will require team work, while other tasks will need to be accomplished with little to no guidance.
- Communication, team orientation and soft skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic to proactively acquire new tasks – does not believe in down-time
- A startup minded player who gets energized by making an impact on the business
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and customer deadlines
- Open to sharing and receiving constructive feedback and direction in a healthy professional manner. Ability to ask for assistance rather than struggling alone
- Resiliency to work well on projects with heavy supervision and frequent feedback
- Passionate about setting up software, testing software and configurations, documenting and communicating results in a timely manner
- Organization skills and detail orientation: You bring your organization and get-it-done attitude every day to be able to thrive under uncertain and high impact startup company conditions
- Self-discipline to operate well with little supervision
- Commitment to quality assurance, identifying issues, bugs and unexpected behavior
- Work through business requirements to create the simplest implementation that satisfies the objectives
- High attention to detail in your technical implementations with the ability to test your own setups and those of teammates
- Problem Solver: Find ways to continually maximize efficiencies in the technical configuration and quality assurance functions
- 2+ years of experience with performing software quality assurance
- 2+ years of experience with technical software configuration for business clients
- Experience with some type of sales automation and CRM system preferred
- A demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- Experience with sales, marketing automation, call center, and advertising software
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Software Systems, Advertising Technology, Marketing or related field.
- Experience developing support documents with Google and Microsoft products.
- Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)