Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Our company is seeking to hire a skilled Software Developer to join our DevOps team to help with the development of our current projects and support of our existing applications. Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, improve its performance, upgrading to newer technologies and supporting the existing applications. You will also be involved in system testing and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle. A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related degree or relevant experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Night support coverage is required for entire team on a rotating basis.
- Windows System Support
- Strong analytical skills
- SQL Server 2012 or higher
- Visual Studio
- JSON (bonus)
- jQuery (bonus)
- Financial Industry experience a plus (bonus)
- Visual Studio Team Services or TFS (bonus)
- Preference will be given to applicants with Full-Stack experience