Software Developer – QuickBase
Location: Canonsburg, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Senior Developer responsibilities will include a wide range of technical capabilities and ultimately serve as the Technical Expert for the backbone of the company, while also contributing to Sales and Business Development.
It is vital that the Sr. Developer balances Design Expectations with Company Profitability by performing the following duties personally or through cross-functional teams.
- Assist Sales in developing Technical Specifications for customers in which we can deliver high quality, on time, highly valuable solutions.
- Provide lead expertise and development of core backbone systems. This includes the setup and management of cloud servers and key systems used to store code
- Develop QuickBase Apps for clients
- Design and Develop custom User Interfaces that can integrate into QuickBase or other 3rd party systems.
- Research, Develop and Implement best practice standards for high quality code that can be repeated.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Three to Five years related experience is required.
- Expert in Database Engineering specific to QuickBase, SQL and other relationship databases.
- Front End System Expertise such as: Web Design, Photoshop
- Integration Development Strategies using RESTful APIs, XML, SOAP, JSON, AJAX
- Experience with Azure or AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field is required.
- High Technical Skills – Ability to develop highly technical solutions to meet and solve complex customer problems using a variety of tools and techniques, while ensuring a high degree of Usability and Ease of Use.
- Leadership skills – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Change Management Skills – Ability to develop workable implementation plans and to communicate changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Problem Solving Skills – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Conserves organizational resources.
- Innovative – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meetings challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a professional manner.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have a strong track record in customer satisfaction.
- 50% – Developing custom code extensions into QuickBase
- 20% – Building QuickBase
- 15% – R&D and Business Backbone responsibilities
- 10% – Supporting Sales
- 5% – Continuing Education