Software Development Lead – Senior PHP Developer / Architect
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This is an e-commerce company, located in Pittsburgh, PA, focused on next-generation gifting business models. Our organization is committed to a positive work environment and we prioritize our culture to continue to facilitate our high performance as a cohesive culturally enlightened team. We use OfficeVibe, Bonusly, and other leading tech tools to ensure our initiatives are effective.
We’re looking for a strong technical lead to:
- Holistically own the direction and management of technical implementation across all facets
- Steer the technical plan to move into the Platform space.
- Contribute heavily to the coding for the conversion to the platform model.
- Direct a team of front-end and back-end developers to deliver Business needs
- Contribute to the application through coding and testing, primarily on the back-end services layer.
- Take technical over-site of:
- back-end and front-end application code
- partner integrations (networks, Financial Institutions, fulfillment providers)
- platform services
- automated testing o deployment
- Interface directly with stakeholders on:
- prioritization based on business needs.
- implementation strategy
- road map planning
We use these tools:
- Frameworks, etc: Bootstrap (lots), Foundation (some), Materialize (a little bit, and it’s going away), SASS.
- Server side: PHP, Symfony, Twig
- Native App: Experimenting with React Native
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2 but moving to ECS), RDS.
- Pipelines: BitBucket, CodeDeploy
Our process needs work, and we want you to help us:
- Find efficiencies, be it load times, build pipelines, or design/dev hand-off processes.
- Identify the right tools and frameworks to use across the front ends of multiple business units.
- Implement HTML/CSS in modern browsers.
- Produce an excellent user experience.
- Understand and implement SEO best practices and use tools like Google Analytics for analysis.
- Achieve necessary and desired site performance and optimization. Manage assets on CDNs and understand how to get the most out of a site. You have a toolbox of services to help you evaluate a site’s performance.
- Provide guidance and drive consistency in front-end tooling choices. It’s a complicated ecosystem, and we need someone that understands it.
Experience required for this position:
- 5 years in web-based software developer, Symfony a plus
- 4 years managing a team of developers.
- 4 years as an application architect or similar position Application Stack .
- you’ll be working next to all of these technologies:
- PHP, Symfony
- MySQL, Redis, Rabbit
- Twig, React, React Native
- AWS ECS, EC2, RDS
- Algolia Search Service
- Bitbucket Pipelines
What Separates You from Others?
- Direct work on a public facing API
- Experience deploying an application in a SaaS model.
- Fan of automated testing and CI
- Experience with a DevOps mindset, specifically containerization, application monitoring, performance evaluation
Compensation includes a competitive base salary. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits package designed to give them the flexibility they need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. We offer employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental
- Generous Paid Time-Off policy
- Incentive Compensation Plan (our employees have earned over $16m through this program since 2006)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Miscellaneous Perks:
- Employee recognition program
- Charitable Donation to a Charity of YOUR Choice yearly
- Refer Friends, and if we hire them you get awarded.
- Family Picnic, Holiday Party, and other employee outings
- On-site dry-cleaning pick-up service
- Flextime Scheduling
- Telecommuting Policy
- Top 75% pay range versus other local employers.