Software Development Supervisor
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This is a technical supervisory position. This position will be responsible for providing day to day management of the development team as well as helping to set the strategic direction for the development team.
- The supervisor will directly oversee an approximate staff of 10.
- They will be responsible for writing and conducting performance appraisals for members of their team.
- Lead technical position requiring extensive skills in a multiplatform environment including but not limited to Windows-based servers and applications.
- This position involves the assessment and design of the enterprise application architecture.
- This position will take direction from the Director of Services and Solutions. This position will also be expected to be on call 24 × 7.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Information Science, CS or related field (or the equivalent in experience) is required to meet the technical demands of this position.
- Must have recent hands-on experience with TCPIP protocols including SMTP, FTP, DNS, NFS, LDAP and other similar protocols.
- Must have experience with Exchange email, IIS, Active Directory, ASP, .NET, MVC, SQL Server, Oracle, and similar Microsoft Enterprise Applications.
- The individual must have extensive experience in full lifecycle development processes.
- Minimum Related Experience; 5-6 years, 4 year BA/BS Degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of computing & networking technology and project/resource planning required – at least five years working experience.
- This person must have strong leadership skills and will need to be able to resolve personnel issues as they arise.
- Strong project management skills, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills are required because the individual will be required to meet with and give presentations to customers.