Location: South Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This position is responsible for the programming/configuration of control modules and graphical interfaces for HVAC and related processes.
- Work with a group of engineers throughout the life cycle of the project to develop and implement control strategies/sequences of operation
- Configuration and programming of DCS, PLC, and other control platforms
- Work with project team to meet internal/external deadlines
- Development and configuration of HMI displays
- Program various applications such as plant alarm messaging, database reporting, OPC, etc.
- Serve as technical point of communication for internal/external software support
- Responsible for design and integration efforts including:
- Develop related documentation: Functional specifications, submittals, test plans, & training
- Develop hardware/software testing & execution plan
- Work within project schedule & budget
- Gather information to integrate with all control equipment
- Participate in software deployment and startup at customer’s site
Education & Experience:
- Must possess a B.S. in an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Must have 2-years of experience in programming DCS/PLC using function blocks, ladder logic, SFC’s, etc.
- Must be able to work well and participate in a team environment
- Must be able to present him/herself in a professional manner with clients, other contractors, and within PHS
- Must have a strong technical aptitude and be able to work effectively with minimal oversight
- Must be able to travel – job is 20-30% out of town work
- Must have the ability to read and interpret P&ID drawings