Location: Northeast Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will determine programming requirements for systems. In addition, you will design flexible client-server frameworks. You will also analyze and improve performance of software programs, as well as analyze requirements for data exchanges between application software and other systems.
- Design and develop software programs to meet customer and business requirements.
- Coordinate systems analysis, systems development and implementation activities to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Organize and prepare program and system documentation according to established procedures to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend and implement technology and process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Perform formal code reviews and quality assurance activities for newly developed programs.
- Participate in both daylight and off-hour support rotation.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and training of existing software engineers.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts.
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and new products to evaluate opportunities for achieving maximum effective usage of the Company’s investment in information technology.
- Produce all management reports completely, accurately and on time.
- Report any type of problems to the appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational and on-the-job training programs as recommended by IT management.
- Communicate well with non-IT personnel and vendors.
- Assist in special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required:
- 5 to 10 years
- 5+ years of recent and relevant hands-on C# .NET experience
- 5+ years of recent and relevant hands-on in BizTalk experience
- Knowledge of business procedures and their interrelationships as well as an overall knowledge of technical disciplines recommended
- Advanced knowledge of security requirements, web services, service-oriented architecture, design patterns, multithreaded systems, and automated unit testing
- Experience Desired: Experience working in a retail supply chain environment