Software Engineer II – Java
Location: Coraopolis, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Our Software Engineering team are key disruptors. As a Software Engineer II, you will help us drive our key retail disruption initiatives through technology that matters. We empower our engineers to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. We work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business. You get to make a difference.
We currently have multiple opportunities within our Technology teams at the Software Engineer II level.
Your skillset will be considered for the following teams:
- Order Sourcing Optimization
- Perpetual Inventory First, let’s talk Tech. Here is a list of our platforms. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master at them all. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a couple of them.
- Java, Spring Boot, Kotlin, Kafka, React, etc.
As a Software Engineer II you will:
- Bring at least 3-5 years of experience to the table.
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices.
- Identify and communication technology problems and prepare remedies.
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace.
- Work with open-source tools to build new technologies.
- Participate in design thinking activities to improve the user experience.
- Work with great people at our sprawling Pittsburgh campus that includes sports leagues, a world-class health club, and a dynamic culture.
We believe that there is always a better way. So, we will expect you to:
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns.
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects.
- Increase your business acumen by consistently learning about other parts of the business.
- Support and mentor new members of the Software Engineering team