Software Engineer II (Web)
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As an IV Solutions team member, you will work with a team of engineers to deliver innovation for the pharmacies of health systems throughout the world. Our solutions help to drive better outcomes for patients by removing errors and automating tasks thus creating safer intravenous pharmaceuticals for patients around the world. Each day you will make an impact.
The Software Engineer will design and implement software in a collaborative environment using agile practices to deliver the best quality software. The architecture employs ASP.NET, Rabbit MQ, React/Redux all running within docker containers in Azure and On-Premise.
- Works within the team to build product deliverables based on overall architecture direction
- Working closely with business stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Works in an agile environment implementing software for specific requirements or applications within a medical device environment, following validated development processes.
- Develops clear and readable code
- Creates unit, functional, and integration testing environments or components and root cause analyses (replicate, debug) for simple to moderately complex features.
- Meets the ‘Definition of Done’ and promotes coding standards.
- Participates in team retrospectives to improve the software development process
- Works on business-critical products that operate with high reliability and are distributed nationwide to many clients
- Troubleshoots problems with existing or newly-developed software
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or other engineering field of study with programming course work
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in software engineering using one of more of the following: JAVA, C++ or C#
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with SQL or another relational database
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with Web software development
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 1-year experience developing ASP.NET applications
- Experience with:
- Microsoft Azure
- Docker Containers
- Experience using agile processes
- Experience developing software for medical devices
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good coding practices and design principles