Software Engineer III
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Software Engineer III is responsible for coding and continuous testing of complex modules and applications in support of our platform. This role will also be charged with understanding and interpreting requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and the associated design documents.
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in all applications layers, including front end (Web), middle layer (Web Services), and data access layer in accordance with our standards.
- As an agile team member, participate in code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
- Assists in the development and training of SE I.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in computer information technology, computer science, management required
- Advanced knowledge and experience with n-tier, enterprise-scalable, distributed application environments preferred.
- Experience with source code version control and the coordination/synchronization of multiple active branches.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design (classes, constructors, interfaces, properties, methods and events).
- Experience incorporating third party components and frameworks.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles preferred.
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery of SaaS based applications
- Advanced level skills in Java Service Oriented Architecture technologies such as JaxRS, REST, Oauth2, CXF, Spring, MongoDB.
- Advanced knowledge of web application security as well as web services security.
- Advanced level skills in front end frameworks like Angular.js, React, SASS, LESS, and CSS.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services technologies such as VPC, ELB, ElasticBeanstalk, S3, CloudWatch, etc.
- Experience working with several types of database technologies such as SQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, or ElasticSearch as examples.
- Good software development and Object-Oriented programming skills.
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architectures.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.