Software Engineer – Mid to Senior
Location: South of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Analyzes, designs, and performs the development of software systems to create solutions for business problems. Responsible for analysis of current applications, including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem applications, and designing solutions to enhance systems.
- Designs, develops, and enhances solutions.
- Reviews and enhances current applications.
- Uses standard Software Design Methodologies to ensure consistent software architectures.
- Ensures application testing is performed to ensure that application results are accurate
- Creates and executes Unit Test Cases.
- Enhances job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; participate in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology, or related discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years of prior experience developing web based applications using Object Oriented programming languages
- C#, Microsoft .NET
- HTML and CSS
- SQL Server, database design and efficient integration with web applications
- Good oral and written communication and problem-solving skills
- MVC web applications
- Multi-tiered OOAD and design patterns
- Frontend Frameworks such as Bootstrap and Angular
- SOAP and RESTful Services
- Microsoft WEB API
- Possess a positive attitude
- Ability to “think outside the box”
- Work in a team, or independently on multiple projects
- Understand and Adhere to Project Plans
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing