Software Engineer – Tech Lead
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Contract
Software Engineer – Tech Lead Job Summary
Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Software Engineer – Technical Lead will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by independently completing projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The Software Engineer Technical Lead will coordinate and delegate resources to lead new software projects which will deliver significant impact. The focus of this position will be to reach a mastery level of the technology stack and mentor less experienced team members. Additionally, the Software Engineer – Tech Lead is responsible for defining technical requirements and detailed designs based on customer requirements and defined enterprise architecture standards. The Software Engineer – Tech Lead constructs or participates in Proof of Concept projects.
• Application Development Cycle – Show the ability to define how to use different SDLCs. Establish process around SDLCs.
• Self Development – Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with management and more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from management and more senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
• Project Management – Responsible For time tracking and updating documentation. Plan and lead projects, including staff coordination. Collaborate with other technical teams, as appropriate, for successful completion of projects. Lead POC Evaluations.
• Security – Validate and review secure processes and protocols. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
• Troubleshooting – Solve multiple issues concurrently. Coordinate, delegate, and mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution.
• Quality – Demonstrate the ability to conduct code review of others.
• Design – Implement the overall system design. Exhibit awareness of user experience standards.
• Integration – Responsible for more complex integration between modules.
• Documentation – Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes. Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
• Communication – Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
• Interactions with Others – Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts.
• Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
• *Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
• *Performs other duties as assigned.
Here’s a list of bullets of the technical requirements:
• Exceptional front end developer
(preferred) Full stack skillset
• VueJS experience in a production, preferably commercial, setting
Experience using Vuex
If not Vue, then React with Redux experience
• Particularly strong CSS experience with familiarity with Bootstrap and/or Bootstrap Vue
• Some awareness or familiarity with accessibility standards & testing/implementation in Vue/React
• Demonstrated familiarity with SWE practices (not just a Vue hacker)
• Comfortable working remote as part of a SCRUM team
• (nice to have) Familiarity with Vue 2 to 3 migration
• (nice to have) Typescript experience + having done ES2015 -> Typescript Vue migration