Software Engineer – Tech Lead
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Software Engineer – Technical Lead will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by independently completing projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The Software Engineer Technical Lead will coordinate and delegate resources to lead new software projects which will deliver significant impact. The focus of this position will be to reach a mastery level of the technology stack and mentor less experienced team members. Additionally, the Software Engineer – Tech Lead is responsible for defining technical requirements and detailed designs based on customer requirements and defined enterprise architecture standards. The Software Engineer – Tech Lead constructs or participates in Proof of Concept projects.
- Application Development Cycle – Show the ability to define how to use different SDLCs. Establish process around SDLCs.
- Communication – Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Design – Implement the overall system design. Exhibit awareness of user experience standards.
- Documentation – Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes. Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
- Integration – Responsible for more complex integration between modules.
- Interactions with Others – Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Project Management – Responsible For time tracking and updating documentation. Plan and lead projects, including staff coordination. Collaborate with other technical teams, as appropriate, for successful completion of projects. Lead POC Evaluations.
- Quality – Demonstrate the ability to conduct code review of others.
- Security – Validate and review secure processes and protocols. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
- Self Development – Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with management and more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from management and more senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Troubleshooting – Solve multiple issues concurrently. Coordinate, delegate, and mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution.
- Typically has 7+ years of related work experience
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Experience in developing on cross-functional systems
- Deep knowledge of developing complete systems
- Mastery of the SDLC. Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to lead in a team based environment
- Proficient in both oral and written communication