Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Develops and supports software solutions for freight railroad dispatching office systems, primarily for the CSX project.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to building features and components in our ATS software systems that are deployed to production customers.
- Ensures features and components meet customer specifications/ requirements and adhere to department standards, policies, and procedures.
- You will be challenged to learn the rail domain and the continually advancing technologies that foster innovative solutions for our customers.
- You will collaborate cross functionally and globally. Woven into our fabric is the core value that we are more successful collectively collaborating to create great results. While individual contributions are objectified and rewarded, succeeding as a team is favored over creating cast towers of individual knowledge.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills are imperatives to socialize and influence the organization.
- Provide software estimates for changes to the dispatch system for self or others.
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality.
- Support customer deployment or production issues on weekends or after hours (as needed).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years’ software development experience on large scale systems using Object-Oriented Design principles and preferably C++.
- Experience building enterprise class, multi-process, fault tolerant load balanced and multi-tiered systems.
- Software Development Life-Cycle.
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum or other Agile processes
- Experience implementing and sustaining mission critical enterprise systems.
- GUI Motif application experience
- Oracle and SQL Database modeling and interaction
- Experience in Enterprise Messaging Systems e.g. IBM MQ/AMQ
- Experience in writing multi-threaded Java applications
- Experience with the Electron application framework
- Experience using and Integrated Development Environment (IDE) e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studios, Visual Studios Code
- Experience in using a step-debugger
- Experience Rational Team Concert (RTC), Git