Software Test Engineer ** Expert **
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The primary role of our Expert Software Test Engineer is to verify and validate requirements for given features within a project to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer needs. This individual is to work with the management and project team to define and deliver quality software that demonstrates feasibility, performance, and a great user experience. The individual will take ownership of their projects testing strategy, review requirements and specifications for clarity, plan the testing approach, design test cases, and execute tests in an Agile/SCRUM based software development model.
Consequently, the usual activities of the position will include:
- collaborating on the definition of software development efforts
- assist in collecting requirements
- architecting automation frameworks
- developing automation code
- creating documentation
- deploying a working system by adhering to best automation and QA practices.
The role will require a broad background in computer science or related field, the working knowledge of different programming languages, a complete set of programming/debugging skills, ability to adapt and change, and an aptitude for continuous learning. Under the general direction of the management team, this expert level position requires a proficient level of experienced analytical capabilities, defines requirements, assures the quality of applications, the adherence to department standards, and provides services to meet client IT and business needs.
- Provide technical leadership for challenging issues
- Mentors, motivates, and inspires team members
- Communicate activities, statuses, accomplishments, and strategic direction to executive management.
- Create and execute manual testing
- Ensures compliance with departmental standards
- Interface with peers throughout company to develop a strong working relationship between all groups within company.
- Seek opportunity to provide assistance wherever possible thereby increasing overall service and reducing cost through elimination of duplicate/redundant efforts in quality.
- Provides strategic vision and focus for the QA team
- Assess and suggest department-wide initiatives for improving the efficiency of software testing
- Creates test strategies, plans, and cases for the applications within their project
- Assists management with staffing needs
- May coordinate training or quality improvement efforts
- Stay up to date with new technologies and development approaches within the industry to drive the quality needle forward.
- Leading engineering project quality, maintaining a timeline for milestones and deliverables for the QA team associated with the project
- Develops/writes scripts for testing features within each sprint •Acts as a role model of interacting with others in an open, honest, collaborative, and reliable manner
- Effectively communicate resource needs and allocation for the project to the department leadership.
- Maintains skill set and awareness of test automation industry standards
- Working with management to, identify, develop, and manage a strategic quality plan for the respective project(s) within the department.
- Coordinates and delegates tasks to team members towards a common goal
- Works closely with the leadership across functional domains to provide communication to all team members of relevant information, including schedules, process, organizational issues, etc.
- Provides feedback for staff evaluations
- Propose, define and implement processes and standards for test automation
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Conduct QA code reviews and perform code inspections leading to optimizations
- Helps guide and improve process initiatives
- Owns the design, creation, implementation and maintenance of test automation framework and departmental tools
- Evaluate new hardware and software products, technologies and participate in project assessments as necessary.
- Serves as a resource for dealing with business issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university is required.
- Expert knowledge and experience in architecting automated testing frameworks and implementing coding standards/best practices.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Functional, Usability, Performance, Integration and Security testing.
- Experience working with: Protractor / SuperTest / Selenium Webdriver/ Cucumber / Capybara / RSpecJasmine / Mocha / Typescript / Git version control system. -Mocking API calls and test data. -Performance / load testing experience Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes Cloud computing services such as AWS.