Solutions Analyst Enterprise Service Management
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Our Enterprise Service Management practice is looking to add new team members who are passionate about IT Service Management and are interested in helping our clients expand these concepts across their Enterprise to transform the way they deliver services, improve their customers experience and get the most value out of their technology investment.
The Enterprise Service Management Solutions Analyst role is functional and strategic. You will apply your knowledge of structured service management frameworks and technology to best determine how to solve client needs. You will engage with clients through complex programs utilizing effective management of business value, risk, content, communication, knowledge and resources. You will leverage your ITIL and ITSM knowledge and expertise to solve the right problem at the right time for our clients. As part of our team, you will join a fast-moving, dynamic team environment with a get it done, get it right mindset.
The successful candidate will not be satisfied with mediocrity or the “status quo”. They will go above and beyond not just to produce quality work or for personal advancement, but because they care about doing the right thing for their clients and customers. They will have a strong sense of empathy to the needs of their clients and will resonate a positive attitude that transcends into all their professional and personal interactions. Above all, it is someone who visibly enjoys what they do and has fun doing it.
- Responsible for discovering, gathering, documenting, prioritizing and vetting functional and technical requirements for new projects
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Enterprise Service Management Process Design:
- Identify areas for improvement within service providing organizations like IT, HR, Facilities, Finance, Marketing etc.…
- Develop maps and flowcharts of current and future Service Delivery processes
- Communicate client’s Service Management requirements by constructing easy-to-understand data and process models
- Understand, critically evaluate and report on the likely impact of process modifications
- Provide input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
- Enterprise Service Management Technology Selection and Implementation:
- Utilize client-specific requirements, process designs and ITSM/Service Management expertise to identify, select, recommend, and implement Service Management technology
- Work hand-in-hand with the client throughout the process from selection through implementation
- Possess the necessary skillsets to fill multiple roles including (but not limited to) Service Management technology expert, business analyst (for requirements and process design), implementation project manager, testing lead, training lead, change manager, and trusted advisor to the client
- Primary lead on developing over 10 different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, use cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams, business cases, RFPs, testing plans, training plans, and more
- Assist with facilitating meetings (from tactical to strategic) with client team members from all levels of the organization
Education & Experience:
- Must be highly organized, self-directed, results focused problem solver, with a creative vision, sense of team work, impeccable communication skills and stellar work ethic.
- 3 years consulting or 3-5 years of industry experience working with an ITSM focus or as an ITSM practitioner
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have a process improvement focus (Lean/Six Sigma)
- Experience in implementing or expertise in working with at least 1 ITSM tool/platform: Cherwell, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, CA Service Desk, or HP Service Manager
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project and Access
- Open to traveling 25 to 50% of the time should the need arise
- Proven relationship builder; a “people person”
- Very high attention to detail
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification preferred
- Master’s in information sciences or MBA (preferred)
- Familiarity with Service Management concepts outside of IT and across the enterprise (HR Case Management, Facilities Request, Work order Management) is a plus.