Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The Solutions Analyst role entails a wide range of activities on the tactical level. You will apply your knowledge of business process analysis & design, and technology to facilitate solving client needs. You will engage with clients through complex programs utilizing effective management of business value, risk, content, communication, knowledge and resources. You will leverage your functional business and industry knowledge to solve the right problem at the right time.
The successful candidate will be someone who is not satisfied with mediocrity or the “status quo”.They will go above and beyond not just to produce quality work or for personal advancement, but because they care about doing the right thing for their clients and customers .They will have a strong sense of empathy to the needs of their clients and any persons they interact with. The successful candidate needs to be someone who can make an impact with minimal supervision while maintaining sensitivity to their environment. They should resonate a positive attitude that transcends into all their professional and personal interactions. Above all, it is someone who visibly enjoys what they do & has fun doing it.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Responsible for discovering, gathering, documenting and vetting business and functional requirements for new projects.Perform research and writing tasks on basic and complex documentation projects to create product or process requirements documents, functional specifications, guides, manuals, help systems, web-based documents, and tutorials.Analyze business and functional needs critically.
- Assist in providing time estimates for project related tasks. Provide input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
- Create test scenarios and develop test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design.
- Perform quality assurance functions, systems testing, and user acceptance.
- Develop and document data collection and analysis tools to enable operations groups to function efficiently and effectively in order
to meet their objectives and successfully complete their initiatives.
- Build and maintain databases for ongoing analysis that are integrated and scalable. Work with users to identify, diagnose and solve system issues.
Education & Experience:
- Must be highly organized, and have the ability to organize diverse sets of information.
- Must be able to take high-level requests and translate them into actionable, efficient work tasks. Must be a motivated self-starter with a stellar work ethic and a strong sense of urgency
- Should have a sharp business sense and the ability to identify business opportunities
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills. Ability to listen, formulate coherent arguments and deliver effectively. Should have excellent writing skills – ability to write documents, presentations.
- Should possess a creative vision – the ability to see non-traditional solutions to situations.
- Should be focused on the desired end result and be willing to do what is necessary to deliver quality results effectively, efficiently and on schedule .
- Must be flexible enough to tackle a variety of roles. Should thrive on change – one week will not be like the next.
- Must be a good team player and be a proven relationship builder; a “people person”. Must be willing to provide selfless help to other team members and the client with the understanding the he/she will could be an “unsung hero”.
- Must demonstrate ability to logically step through a problem from introduction to solution, as well as the ability to articulate the resolution steps.
- Must want to learn new experiences and grow over time and willing to ask for guidance or assistance when needed. ‘
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of 2-S years of relevant experience in business or consulting Previous consulting experiences a true plus
- Must have reliable transportation
- Open to traveling up to 50% of the time should the need arise
- Must be experienced with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. VISIO, Access, and MS Project experience a plus. Must have authorization to work in the US