SQL DBA Mid – Senior
Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
- Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; and codes, tests, and implements physical database by performing the following duties.
- Advise the customer on best practices
- Implement best practices on Microsoft SQL Server Databases and Servers
- Interface and communicate with customers
- Interface and communicate with other internal departments at Remote DBA Experts
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Install and configure SQL Server
- Document processes and procedures
- Implement/Support Log Shipping
- Implement/Support Mirroring
- Implement/Support Replication
- Implement/Support Clustering
- Participate in migrations for customers
- Participate in upgrades
- Keep time entry up to date within 24 hours
- Advise customers on hardware and licensing questions
- Ensure that customers are have appropriate maintenance in place including backups, index maintenance, consistency checks and statistics maintenance
- Support SSIS, SSRS, SSAS solutions for customers
- Performance tuning
- Continue to learn new skills involved in being a SQL Server DBA as the technology evolves
- Keep up to date with new releases of Microsoft SQL Server and advise customers of the aspects that pertain to them
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SQL Server Database software, including SSMS, BIDS, Embarcadero, and Perfmon.
- The employee should know how to perform a server side trace, and how to use the various DMVs, the Cluster Manager, and other tools needed to troubleshoot issues when they arise.