Sr. Compliance Specialist
Location: New Kensington, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As a Sr. Compliance Specialist, you will lead projects in the areas of product compliance, vendor compliance and other supply chain initiatives. Through these objectives you will be an integral part of our compliance and supply chain efforts in ensuring that our compliance program is a world class leader.
- Work with internal departments in North America and in Asia, communicating and educate teams regarding our Compliance requirements and collaborating with them in so that our products meet regulatory requirements and exceed customer expectations.
- Provide guidance and convey clear expectations to our vendors to ensure consistency, assurance of long-term compliance processes and availability of compliance and supply chain information.
- Communicate with our customers, providing them with information related to products and the vendors making our products in support of our sales efforts.
- Manage and document compliance and product safety related claims review process.
- Research emerging regulations, safety issues and potential supply chain risks in order to mitigate appropriate risks where necessary.
- Manage our product testing program, collaborate with lab partners, and ensure ongoing monitoring and validation testing is maintained.
- Review new product launches and provide guidance for necessary compliance and customs requirements.
- Participate in and lead internal audits of all compliance related processes so that our can be assured that standards and requirements are being maintained.
- Develop and maintain informational documents and expectation guides for the supply chain and product development departments when necessary.
- Monitoring industry publications and governmental policy updates and the impact to our Compliance policies and procedures.
- Communicate process changes to internal partners and follow up to ensure execution.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and follow up with internal customers and vendors Friendly, tactful, and professional in your communications on the phone, in person and in e-mail and capable of skillfully handling difficult conversations and situations with different cultures
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Able to critically analyze technical documentation.
- Inquisitive and willing to continually learn and stay current on relevant laws and regulations.