Sr Engineer – Systems Administration
Location: Whippany, NJ
Job Type: Contract to Hire
You will be a part of the team to manage our virtualized systems and support a migration to the cloud. You need to follow best practices, operational optimization and help build an infrastructure that aligns with industry security standards. Your role also ensures proper monitoring tools are in place and the environment is highly available and scalable to support growth of our application footprint at a moment’s notice. You will also work closely with the development teams to learn about our existing application footprint and help migrate existing applications and databases to the cloud.
- Work on provisioning Infrastructure as a code using scripts, implement highly scalable and redundant server infrastructure.
- Also work on transition on premises infrastructure to Cloud.
- Execute ongoing operational management functions to ensure company applications are operating optimally.
- Perform maintenance, upgrades and optimization as needed.
- Provide day to day support and management of infrastructure including 3rd party hosted data center and cloud-based systems.
- Providing management updates.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of Information Technology (IT) experience.
- 1+ years of Cloud Technology experience, preferably AWS.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- General knowledge on Data center designs and architectures and basic business contingency scenarios
- Industry best practices for building reliable infrastructure.
- Various 3rd party tools/products available for monitoring and security.
- Networking (TCP, HTTP, DNS), load balancers and firewalls
- VMware, Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory, Group Policy, HP C7000 server gear, HP storage, InfoBlox DNS, Veeam backup and DR, scripting, PowerShell
- AWS Cloud services: VPC’s, ALB/NLB, ASG, EC2, ECS, S3, Storage Gateway, API Gateway, Lamda, SNS, SES, Route53 and Cloudfront. Encryption/KMS/CloudHSM, Inspector, Macie, IAM policies/roles, Shield, WAF, Cloudformation, etc.