Sr Java Applications Developer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Senior Java Application Developer will be responsible for architectural design and development of an enterprise SOA platform delivering services to the supply chain industry. The SOA platform sits behind a cutting edge user interface application as well as Software AG’s ESB platform.
- Serve as the subject matter expert regarding SOA applications.
- Create an architecture that is flexible and allows for the future growth of the application
- Helps selects the right mix of tools and technologies to ensure the platform can continual grow
- Design, develop, test and implement application features using Java enterprise concepts in support of customer and business requirements.
- Development of components to support enterprise integrations utilizing the Software AG integration and business process modeling application.
- Provide ongoing support, training, problem and defect resolution.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies for usage in the platform considering cost, usability, scalability, reliability, etc.
- Develop and maintain automated build/deploy/testing strategies and platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Requires 5+ years of experience in Java application development.
- Familiar with enterprise concepts such as EJB, JMS
- Experience with data abstraction tools such as myBatis, Hibernate and/or JPA
- Experience with aspect oriented programming through the Spring framework
- Experience with database design and SQL through Oracle and/or SQL Serve
- Ideal candidate will possess high energy, be a strong team player, creative thinker and excel in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
- Experience interfacing effectively with both business and technical stakeholders is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are preferred.
- Experience in a distribution or logistics environment is beneficial.