Sr Network Infrastructure Engineer
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We are looking for a Network Engineer to help with the support and management of our web and corporate infrastructure at scale with our growing business. You will be a part of the team to manage our virtualized systems and support a migration to the cloud. You need to follow best practices, operational optimization and help build an infrastructure that aligns with industry security standards. Your role also ensures proper monitoring tools are in place and the environment is highly available and scalable to support growth of our application footprint at a moment’s notice. You will also work closely with the development teams to learn about our existing application footprint and help migrate existing applications and databases to the cloud.
- Work on network related projects, change requests, troubleshooting as needed.
- Execute ongoing operational management functions to ensure all applications are operating optimally.
- Perform maintenance, upgrades and optimization as needed.
- Provide day to day support and management of infrastructure including 3rd party hosted data center and cloud-based systems.
- Recommend improvements for processes and tools to ensure appropriate monitoring, visibility, controls and efficiency
- Collaborate across the company to understand changing business needs and communicate upcoming infrastructure changes
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of Information Technology (IT) experience.
- 1+ years of Cloud Technology experience, preferably AWS.
- General knowledge on Data center designs and architectures and basic business contingency scenarios.
- Industry best practices for building reliable infrastructure.
- Various 3rd party tools/products available for monitoring and security.
- Networking (TCP, HTTP, DNS), load balancers and firewalls.
- Cisco routers/switches, Nexus, Meraki firewalls/switches, Palo Alto, Routing protocols, Eigrp, BGP, InfoBlox DNS, DR
- Cloud services: VPC’s, ALB/NLB, S3, Storage Gateway, Route53 and Cloudfront.is plus.