Sr Product Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As a Senior Product Manager, you will fill a critical role in defining, prioritizing and optimizing, the development and launch of the product roadmap in alignment with the product vision and strategy. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders including Executive Leadership, Sales & Marketing, Software Developers, Director of Partner Analytics consultants, Product Sponsors and Subject Matter Experts in order to coordinate the flow of requirements from one group to the next.
- Proactively meet with client facing teams and external customers to understand our customer business needs.
- Lead discussions with executives surrounding product strategy and prioritization
- Build requirements documentation including acceptance criteria that are used to define the success of the project.
- Use Key Performance Indicators, client input, internal feedback, and other business needs to prioritize database enhancements and engineering efforts for product features and functionality.
- Perform project review sessions with stakeholders to manage all phases of the product life cycle.
- Recommend short-long term approaches to balance business needs, cost and resource capacity.
- Work with the internal teams to monitor problems and issues, document project status, and explain any variances and risk remediation plans to project stakeholders.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- Assist in conducting quality assurance testing and review.
- Approve the product feature / functionality for release into production.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience in building complex, data-driven products
- 1-3 years of analytical experience with healthcare or employee benefit’s data
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Capable of managing simultaneous projects and coordinating cross-project activities.
- Able to plan work, proactively identify issues, propose solutions, balance competing priorities, and accomplish goals on schedule.
- Shows curiosity and an ability to learn quickly, especially new technology and processes.
- Willing to assist colleagues and organization in development of new processes and provide input about better ways of working.
- Approaches all work with a team-based/collaborative orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to produce high quality deliverables.
- Bonus Points:
- A software product management degree or equivalent certifications or job experience managing projects, products or portfolios of products.
- Familiarity with SQL and database concepts.
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred
- Previous startup experience a plus