Sr Scrum Master
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Sr Scrum Master is responsible for leading team/project level activities and some program related efforts working directly with stakeholders across product teams and business functions to ensure successful execution and delivery of value and outcomes. This role is responsible for driving alignment and managing dependencies across product & technology teams and across projects/programs. The Sr Scrum Master will help to manage project efforts and team level scrum activities ensuring consistency in execution and deliverables, while delivering value for athletes and teammates. The Sr Scrum Master may drive or support change management and process improvement efforts, as well as help to manage vendors and third parties. Sr Scrum Masters may be responsible for coaching Scrum Master roles from an execution perspective. The Sr Scrum Master must exhibit the ability to lead managers and their teams and drive collaboration and alignment.
- Serve as Scrum Master for one or more teams, and/or manage one or more agile projects.
- Manages dependencies and drives alignment across product/technology teams and stakeholders
- Manages dependencies and defines work plans and action plans to help minimize or mitigate dependencies across the product teams and business teams.
- Integrated planning and roadmap alignment across product teams and business teams.
- Provides a central point for communication and escalation across product teams and business teams.
- Ensures resource alignment within and across product teams.
- Provide coaching for Product team on applying agile and scrum-based techniques
- Remove impediments for teams and shields teams from external interruptions
- Management and/or administrative support of Epics/Features, backlog and requirements and/or scope within product teams or across projects
- Build schedules / plans (iterations, release plans, outcome roadmaps, activity & milestone plans
- Track and report on progress (velocity and burndown, activity/milestone tracking, progress reporting)
- Facilitate ceremonies and manage the overall delivery process (iteration planning meetings, standups, recurring team meetings, retros, demos)
- Issue tracking and action planning / ownership
- Coordination, planning & alignment with teams/stakeholders; dependency tracking
- Resource planning and coordination; capacity planning and tracking
- Vendor management, planning and coordination; contracting
- Manage Change (change management, communications, storytelling, backlog grooming support, scope change)
- Provide coaching/mentoring and training to build competencies across key technology and stakeholder groups
- Drives Process Improvement efforts across product and business teams
- Help the Scrum Team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Scope, plan and execute programs and deliver key outcomes with minimal outside assistance that span across Technology teams, stakeholder groups and third parties.
- Manages Issues and Risks across program helping to remove barriers
- Provides ongoing Governance (reporting, monitoring, escalation, controls)
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis and define options and recommendations, and ultimately deliver value.
- Drive alignment across stakeholder groups to enable delivery success.
- Supports the Portfolio management and prioritization process to achieve alignment between technology and business teams
- Drive improvement in methodologies and deliverables, as well as collaboration practices and ways of working
- Supports portfolio level reporting practices and alignment between financial tracking and value delivery.
- Supports strategic planning activities across product and technology portfolios.
- Leads and supports Portfolio prioritization, budgeting, and goal setting across products
- Ensures alignment or the organization and key stakeholders with product portfolio direction
- Defines and Maintains ongoing Governance (reporting, monitoring, escalation, controls)
- Measures and reports on the product portfolio (status, financials, issues & risks, etc.)
- Contributes to and makes recommendations for strategic plans in support of key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PMP certification or knowledge (preferred, not required
- OCM or CCMP Certification or knowledge (preferred, not required)
- Agile or Scrum Certification (preferred)
- Actively engages in self-learning and looks to grow skillsets and experience in the business, Scrum/Agile practices, Project & Program Management , Change Management, and Retail Commerce functions.
- Learns new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations through reading, tutorials, and videos
- Supports Continuous Learning activities focused around Lessons Learned and Feedback Consolidation
- Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive consistency across technology teams
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern engineering practices (communities of practice)