Sr. Security Administrator
Location: New Kensington, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This position is primarily a Senior Security Administrator. This candidate is responsible for desktop, mobile, and network security. They will perform risk assessment, audit machines and their software, train other staff on proper protocols, and monitor network traffic for any suspicious activity. They will also be responsible for updating software on the latest security patches and ensure that each network resource has the proper defenses. A proper candidate should know cyber threats from experience as well as defend against zero-day malware
- Identify threats and work to create steps to defend against them
- Perform vulnerability and penetration tests across all network segments and business units
- Monitor network traffic for suspicious behavior
- Configure security systems such as firewalls, antivirus, and IDS/IPS software
- Create network policies and authorization roles for file access
- Analyze current security requirements and make suggestions for improvements
- Define disaster recovery plans
- Consult with staff, managers and executives on the best security practices
- Create, maintain, and regularly test DR plan in the event of a breach in security. FUNDAMENTAL DUTIES
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new security software and hardware.
- Works on moderately complex assignments and problems of moderate scope.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Provides technical support to internal and offsite users.
- Identifies root causes of moderately complex problems and recommends solutions.
- Administers and monitors Active Directory including user and group security management and group policy enforcement.
- Monitors and reports network operations; usage, capacity, change management.
- Responds to and resolves Help Desk tickets relating to network/security issues.
- Handles repetitive support issues with little or no supervision.
- Receives little to no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Logs, tracks, and analyzes issue reporting and management.
- Participates in projects and tasks to improve quality of service and increase efficiency of IT Help Desk and supports process.
- Understands and drives positive relationships between IT and PCNA Staff.
- Provides superior customer service to end users. Responsible for business-critical systems and applications that operate 24/7/365.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards coworkers and other employees.
- Foster and maintain and atmosphere of trust, tolerance and respect in which all employees can enjoy teamwork, accomplishment and appreciation.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Adapts to change well
- Able to handle a high level of stress in a constantly changing environment.
- Judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Strong technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Communicates clearly with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Comfortable with L4-L7 protocols; HTTP, SMTP, SSL, IPSec and DNS · Strong organization and follow-up skills with ability to multi-task daily issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills. · Remains calm and steady in stressful situations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with network architecture.
- Experience with network monitoring processes and tools, including packet sniffing and diagnostics.
- Experience managing Cisco and Aruba wireless environments.
- MCSE and Cisco certifications desirable. Apple Macintosh knowledge is a plus