Sr Software Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As Senior Software Engineer on the team, you will create and deliver solutions that represent broadcast television and digital workflows, leveraging industry developments including the TIP initiative, digital sales standards and emerging sales business models. A successful candidate will have the ability to work with multiple Development and Product Teams to solve customer business problems. As a key stakeholder, the Senior Software Engineer will play a lead role on the Agile Product Development team through developing effective applications and mentoring others on the teams.
- Participate in all aspects of the building a software solution by providing input during design meetings, planning meetings, product demos, and incorporating customer feedback.
- Understand best modern practices; a good eye for UI design is an asset.
- Work in tandem with our clients, product owners, architects, developers, and testers to create efficient and scalable software designs that help solve enterprise-level business problems, meet business objectives, and support long-term company growth.
- Help by participating in the promotion to the local tech industry of Pittsburgh; assist in recruiting and interviewing as needed.
- Regularly communicate project status and risks to the team and management.
- Help build a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Use Agile methodologies to support team members on a daily basis for product feedback, issue resolution and product implementation strategies.
- Work with the team to ensure the resolution of product support issues and other life-cycle development operational functions such as builds and deployments.
Education & Experience:
- Development experience with C# and ASP.NET Core
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database design.
- Experience developing applications on Microsoft Azure or other PaaS platforms.
- Excellent communication and team-building skills.
- A strong desire to solve problems and provide creative solutions.
- An interest in networking with other technical and business peers outside the walls.
- Eligibility for employment in the U.S.
- Bonus Points:
- Familiarity with functional programming, particularly a working knowledge of F#.
- Experience with Kafka, Event Hub, Kinesis, or other tools for event streaming.
- Developed a mobile application, either in the form of mobile web or a native application.
- An understanding of Agile or XP-influenced methods.
- Have experience coding analytic or reporting applications, particularly against large datasets.
- Worked with distributed source control systems, especially Git.
- Experience or understanding of NHibernate or other ORM tool.
- Familiarity with startup culture, or experience working within other SaaS companies.