Sr Software Engineer – Mobile Apps
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help us drive our key retail disruption initiatives through technology that matters. We empower our engineers to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. We work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business.
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Identify and communication technology problems and prepare remedies
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Participate in design thinking activities to improve the user experience
- Work with great people at our sprawling Pittsburgh campus that includes sports leagues, a world-class health club, and a dynamic culture
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects
- Increase your business acumen by consistently learning about other parts of the business
- Support and mentor new members of the Software Engineering team
- Here is a list of our platforms. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master at them all. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a couple of them: Swift, Java, Java Spring, .NET core, React (Native or JS), Angular, Kotlin, iOS, Android, etc.
- Bring at least 3 years of experience to the table
- Bring mobile app architecture and design experience