Sr Software Engineer – Mobile
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We are looking for someone excited to build and release the mobile app from scratch. Our core engineering principles focus on quality and collaboration. We are looking for exceptional people to join our growing team and have a positive impact on our culture, technology, and product from day one.
- Collaborate with our product & UX teams to research, design and build the company’s first driver-focused mobile app.
- Make architecture and technology decisions to build the framework, and then create a plan with the team on the execution and release of the app.
- Work with the mobile team to set standards and processes for growth and scale.
- Mentor other software engineers on mobile development and best practices.
- Research, architect, and build our first mobile app
- Define internal development processes & practices for scaling our organization
- Collaborate with product & UX teams to develop user specifications
- Communicate effectively and participate with team members in an Agile environment
- Perform peer code reviews and ensure contributions are of a high quality
- Work on any task or help solve problems where needed — be humble and scrappy!
- Strong proficiency in React Native, iOS Development or Android Development
- Knowledge of native iOS and Android application life cycles, build systems, etc
- Experience building & launching mobile apps to users
- “Good eye” for frontend design and attention to detail
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end test code
- Willingness and ability to learn new software platforms, as necessary
- Experience in the Logistics / Transportation industry
- Experience with releasing and deploying to the Google Play or App Store
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial or enterprise environment