Systems Analyst – VB, SQL, Pascal
Location: Canonsburg, PA
Job Type: Contract
Design, develop, and support internally developed and purchased software applications supporting business operations at DPT.
- Proficient in application developed with windows development platforms (RAD Studio – Delphi is preferred).
- Support users with issues and enhancement requests.
- Develop reports and queries as needed by business users.
- Maintain and support various SQL databases.
- Work with software vendors regarding purchased software.
- Work with consultants and global IT on assigned projects.
- Design and develop enhancements to internally developed software to support business needs.
- Integrate purchased and internally developed software where appropriate.
- Within area of responsibility, understand and comply with all safety, environmental and quality practices and procedures as outlined in organizational/departmental guidelines and SOPs as well as applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Be current with systems trends and paradigm shifts in the industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from a four-year college or university is required.
- Advanced experience using Embarcadero RAD Studio IDE, the Pascal language, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft, or other SQL RDBMS, the SQL language, and database concepts.
- Network administration knowledge is a plus.
- Report writing experience.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of related experience is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Solid Microsoft desktop OS and Office skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects.
- Experience with GxP processes and Computer Systems Validation procedures.
- Experience with Laboratory Business Processes.