Location: Dayton, OH
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Description: To contribute to client retention by ensuring clients receive timely, professional support and IT leadership.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents with operating systems, hardware, software, and network infrastructure.
- Assist remote team members in resolving complex problems; provide remote help desk support, providing advanced troubleshooting of complex system issues.
- Serve as administrator of specific corporate applications, keeping applications current.
- Develop, present training on applications;
- Monitor applications for uptime.
- Install, configure, and administer operating system software, patches, and upgrades.
- Analyze systems statistics; recommend performance enhancements.
- Document resolution plan and progress, and estimated resolution time.
- Research multiple incidents with common symptoms and identify root cause; apply resolution across all affected IT environments.
- Research, recommend, and implements new technologies to enable continuing innovation within infrastructure.
- Design, configure, monitor, and optimize system hardware for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable cost.
- Create, review, and modify knowledgebase articles and IT environment documentation.
- Review, update help desk documentation as assigned; create policies and procedures; set the direction for company.
- Review, recommend modifications to help desk procedures; analyze, audit policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting diverse networking and server environments
- Experience managing desktop environment including deployment, Application installation, and ongoing support technologies
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Experience in senior-level help desk environment helpful
- Certifications: MCSE, MCITP
Travel – up to 25%