Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Recognized as a leading interactive marketing agency in the higher education, tourism and travel, cultural and non-profit and consumer packaged goods sectors, we provides a full range of website planning, design and development services; content planning and development services; search engine optimization; Web application development services; digital marketing planning and execution services; social media marketing; mobile strategy, design and development services; and performance analytics services. Utilizing over 20 years of higher education and tourism experience, we’ve created an innovative web platform, that will empower you to create a fully responsive, enticing, and robust website presence for your organization.
The Technical Director is responsible and owns the technical product the agency produces. In doing so, this person leads the technical team and is responsible for overseeing and directing engineering services to various groups and stakeholders within the organization. A primary focus of this role is interfacing with prospective clients and current clients and collaborating with internal teams to understand their needs and requirements and translate those needs into detailed technical specifications. The right candidate must be an effective leader with great communications skills. They must possess a keen understanding of modern web technologies and how they can be applied to solve business problems. They must be able to motivate others to perform at their best and encourage teamwork and collaboration.
- Develop technical specifications and architectural requirements for team members and client stakeholders.
- Create and foster a culture of creativity, innovation, productivity and collaboration.
- Motivate team members to do the best work of their career.
- Recruit, manage and mentor cross functional technical teams.
- Provide engineering services to various groups and stakeholders.
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the teams’ work.
- Inform and evangelize the teams’ capabilities to others within the organization.
- Promote and preach best practices, patterns and high standards.
- Encourage open communications, coordination and process improvements.
- Develop career paths, perform evaluations, provide feedback and professional advice, assess retention risks.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and recommendations to clients, stakeholders, and other business leaders.
- Participate in new business efforts, sales pitches, proposals, estimations, SOWs, and contract negotiations.
- Negotiate and overcome impediments to productivity and teamwork.
- Evaluate team contributions, establish objective measures and performance indicators.
- Forecast, secure, and manage budgets to support development efforts and initiatives.
- Guide R&D efforts, analyze new techniques and technologies, facilitate knowledge sharing.
- 10+ years of experience managing technical teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or IT.
- Track record of achieving business goals with technology.
- Experience hiring and retaining technical talent.
- Effective communications skills.
- Preference for hands-on experience.
- Preference for consulting / agency experience Barkley’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion