Technical Engagement Engineer – ES
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This position is responsible for engaging with our internal staff and external customers at a technical level to support and advocate the full company’s Enterprise Solutions product line across a variety of platforms.
- Provide accurate, thorough, and timely technical support to customers via phone, screen sharing, email and internal ticketing system.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of company Enterprise Solutions product line and related business functions.
- Develop proof of concepts, demos, and sample applications for delivery to existing and potential customers demonstrating the use of the company ES product lines.
- Address existing and pre-sales customers’ technical and non-technical questions regarding company product usage, whether addressing them directly or coordinating with Engineering team to resolve.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and company product teams (Sales, Marketing and PM) to ensure success of the product.
- Maintain a good technical relationship with existing and new customers focusing on (but not limited to
- Explain technical details and requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Maintain line of communication with most significant customers
- Understand customer needs and identify avenues of additional usages for company products by the customer and pass them to the Sales team
- Assist Sales with key generation, customer data management, and sales related technical questions
- Attend weekly product meetings to represent the customers and discuss trends in customer requirements and questions
- Manage and own the lifecycle of customers’ technical questions and requests with company ES product team to ensure excellent customer service. Pro-actively escalate where needed to other ES team members.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the customers’ product usage and contribute to the Product Roadmap with inputs of customer use-cases and market trends.
- Represent and evangelize company products in the market in conferences, seminars, and corporate events.
- Conduct customer demos, webinars, customer trainings, and other technical talks representing company products
- Write Blog articles, case studies, and other technical & non-technical written content representing company products
Education & Experience:
- BBA/BA/BS in a technical discipline is preferred
- Experience or understanding of software development is a plus, but not required
- Experience or understanding of enterprise applications and implementation is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud services like Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Familiarity with networks and platform architecture, implementation, and maintenance is preferred
- An understanding of SaaS based software is preferred.