Technical Implementation Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The Technical Implementation Specialist responsibilities include coordinating and driving the implementation project plan in partnership with a customer to assure effective use of products and services purchased. Instructing the customers on installing, making use of and applying company software and adjuncts to the customer’s operational unit.
The Technical Implementation Specialist will engage with assigned customers to successfully implement the Health Information Exchange (HIE) and Interfaces on customer’s network. The Technical Implementation Specialist will communicate with the customers, review their requirements and achieve the customer goals using recurring project meetings, project plans, and coordinating company resources. The implementation specialist will align with the company standard to design, develop and enhance customer documentation for these services.
- Report to the Manager of Training
- Create and marches project plans for implementations
- Manage project implementation of HIE / HL7 and other interfaces for customers purchasing these services
- Schedule regular meetings with customers to facilitate implementation of systems interfaces offered by us.
- Give consistent quality support to the internal and external customers of HIE / HL7 and CAD
- Study and examine the customer specific requirements of the company, adapt or propose solutions and vet them through to completion
- Provide feedback to Software and Systems Engineering related to perfecting, increasing, and balancing the work efficacy and functionality of the systems and programs offered
- Maintain documentation in JIRA to assure all implementations are identified, searchable and reportable
- Remain current regarding requirements and functionality of all customer interfaces i.e.) Remote Downloader and Computer Assisted Dispatch (CAD) programs, apply the needed modifications and recommend methods and procedures of improvements in the company
- Drive all assigned implementations to completion
- Develop and execute a consistent process of transitioning customer to Finance for processing when implementation has been completed
- May also be engaged in implementing other company products for strategic customers
- Execute all other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Should possess a bachelor’s degree in computer technology or project management or a similar field.
- Will have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in technology project management.
- Experience with HL7, and in-hospital interfaces is preferred.
- Basic SQL – Select[Join 2+ tables], Insert, Update, Delete
- Navigate SQL Server Management Studio
- Install/Uninstall/Fix Windows Services
- Can make logical deductions based on new unrecognized Error messages
- Can manually install/uninstall Windows Services from command prompt
- Run Visual Studio Debugger (search msgs/build/trace/view variables)
- Read/Edit XML files
- Read/Edit XSL files
- Read/Edit HL7 v2 messages including ADT, MDM, and ORU
- Some understanding of TCP connectivity and debugging (ping, telnet, FTP, DNS)
- Some knowledge of Window Security, Netowkring, and Firewalls
- Preferred experience in some of the following or equivalent: HL7 Routers / Engines (Mirth, Rhapsody, Cloverleaf), EHR (Cerner, EPIC, MediTech, MediPac, AllScripts, McKesson), HL7 technologies (v2, CDA / C-CDA, CCD, FHIR)