Technical Support Engineer I
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Provides post implementation technical support via telephone to clients and our internal staff to ensure that incidents and problems are accurately resolved in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responds to incoming calls from clients, and manages call issues in an ACD environment according to departmental guidelines and policies to ensure prompt and courteous service.
- Collaborates with peers, senior TSEs, management, other internal departments, and clients to troubleshoot, provide workarounds, and solutions to internal and external clients in a timely manner.
- Escalates cases based on departmental guidelines.
- Submit software defects and enhancements as per departmental guidelines to ensure software design changes are properly documented and prioritized
- Perform application testing to ensure software functionality meets agreed upon specifications.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineer, MCSE or related is preferred
- Associates in Computer Science, Software Engineer, MCSE or related is required
- Licenses and Certifications: A+, Network+, Microsoft is preferred
- Experience providing external end user application or desktop support.
- Experience supporting Microsoft SQL server.
- Experience supporting Microsoft server.
- Experience providing external IT support.
- Excellent interpersonal and client support skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Software
- Working knowledge of remote access software such as RDP, Cisco VPN, Bomgar, etc.