Test Automation Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Test Automation Engineer is responsible for coding and testing of all modules and applications that are part of our Platform. This position will push the envelope to deliver highly automated and intelligent solutions that are redefining what is possible for our clients. This role will be charged with understanding and interpreting requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and the associated design documents. You will be working with industry standard technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Kafka on a daily basis, deploying to Azure and AWS.
- Responsible for automated tests in a scripting language. Expert in Selenium, SoapUI, C#, and JMeter. Provides guidance to SET I and IIs.
- As an agile team member, participates in Test Coverage, Automation code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Proficient in SQL, NOSQL, understands Event Sourcing.
- Solid understanding of basic secure coding procedures (accounts, passwords, XSS, SQL Injection). Familiarity with OWASP, basic network security.
- Develop & maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements & detailed application behaviors.
- Other assigned duties.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Systems or related discipline.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 – 7 years of Test Automation/Software Development Engineer in Test experience
- Coding experience in Java or C#, and SQL
- 3 – 4 years with Selenium and/or Cucumber is preferred
- Proven expertise with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) is preferred
- 1 – 2 years of experience in Mobile platform testing (Appium)
- Experience with source code version control and the coordination/synchronization of multiple active branches.
- Experience incorporating third party components and frameworks
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles
- Performance testing with JMeter experience a BIG plus
- Good software automation and Object-Oriented programming skills.
- Analytical skills and the ability to work with customers to transform requests into solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills