UX Engineer UX/UI Designer & Front End Angular 2+
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract
This is a year long contract position with our client—a large internet services company. You’ll work with our onsite team of UX/UI Designers and Software Engineers at our client’s headquarters in Pittsburgh to test and deliver new features, translate concepts into living, breathing prototypes, and iterate on interactions, animations, and details to deliver the most appropriate experience. UX Engineers also collaborate closely with UX Researchers to user-test new concepts and assist engineering.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated user experiences, and flawless communication is essential.
- Possess excellent design aesthetics and technical know-how.
- Visualize concepts and applications through sketches, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes.
- Work with and between UX/UI Designers and Software Engineers to test and improve software interactions through protyping.
- Support frictionless design-to-development transition.
- Create visually compelling/ technically feasiable solutions for complex enterprise software workflows.
- Collaborate with the teammates to solve complex problems quickly and efficiently.
- Help lead projects to success with clear communication, decisive action, and stellar work.
- Enjoy collaborating with client’s teams and feel confident managing the relationship.
- Possess a solid understanding of full-stack software development.
- Work closely with web & mobile developers to ensure frictionless design-to-development transition.
- Understanding (2+ years) of Angular 6+, HTML5, CSS3, Google Material Design
- Passion for user experience and user interface design.
- Experience with Sketch and design pattern libraries.
- Experience with pre-processors and front-end tooling workflows: Node.js (NPM), SASS, Grunt/Gulp, Web Pack, etc
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Proven ability to create working prototypes (proof of concepts)
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.