Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The ideal candidate is a hands on technologist with a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality software products in a dynamic environment and recruiting and leading talented engineers at startups, consulting firms, or innovative large companies.
The VP of Engineering will shape the architecture for the technology stack and product suite which includes consumer and enterprise products built on AWS, scala, python, and flutter.
The VP of Engineering will be involved in every phase of the product incubation process including early stage prototyping through product launch and spinoff company scaling.
- Lead the engineering, infrastructure, and security teams.
- Report to CEO.
- Work closely with Venture teams to select product ideas for incubation and rapidly build early stage proof of concepts.
- Evolve the approach to software development, currently agile using Atlassian tools
- Collaborate with technical academic partners at partner universities.
- Build a staff of top notch technical talent.
- Explore emerging tools and technologies and create a point of view on if and how to integrate them into the technology stack.
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience recruiting & leading high performing technical teams
- Ability to successfully operate in the startup, corporate, and academic worlds
- Expertise in both enterprise and consumer technology development
- Deep technical expertise in application architecture and development standards, security and infrastructure, distributed APIs, identity platforms
- Expertise in data science fields (AI, machine learning, large scale ETL) is a plus
- Expertise related to the current technology stack: AWS, terraform, scala, python, flutter
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Masters or PhD in related field is a significant plus
- Expertise working with 3rd party integrations using modern API techniques
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus but not required
- Collaborative leader who fits the company values: Good Egg, Bias Toward Action, Consensify, Foxhole, Done Done.