Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Client is a growing interactive agency who creates stunning visual media that excites and engages the audience. We specialize in interactive applications, games and virtual reality for trade shows, mobile and the web. We’re looking for a front-end web developer who understands good design and good code. This development role requires a skilled, self-motivated and detail-oriented programmer capable of developing, testing and implementing custom interactive applications for web, kiosks, desktop and mobile. The position requires someone who is fluent in multiple programming languages, but also willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and programming languages.
The project pipeline is very diversified and includes projects such as interactive touch screen applications, head to head challenge games, quizzes and surveys, applications with 3D elements, content management tools, websites etc. Most applications built are for live events such as trade shows or conventions. Travel and ability to represent the company in a professional manner in front of clients is occasionally required. Projects are fast-paced, and most development cycles range from 2 weeks to 3 months. Solutions are developed for deployment on iOS, Android, Windows and the Web.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users and other teams (design, user experience, etc.)
- Ability to both collaborate with team members and to work independently. Eager to embrace current and emerging web technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience and/or proven portfolio (*will not be considered without a portfolio website)
- Familiarity working with CMS development is a plus
- AngularJS, ReactJS, and or Polymer (bonus)
- Database design and implementation – MS SQL, MySQL (bonus)
- MS Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint (bonus)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (bonus)